i give this column
no star this column sucks 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1 star 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2 stars 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3 stars 44%  44%  [ 4 ]
4 stars 33%  33%  [ 3 ]
5 stars Awsome ! 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject: 1974 Gaming: Girls suck at playing games!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:08 pm 

By: Maikel de Bakker

Or do they? I don’t think so, although the biggest part of the gaming community does think girls and games don’t go along. “Girl Gamers only play puzzle games or kiddy games with pony’s and pets in it while eating candy and dressed up in pink dresses right?” If you are willing to believe that than be my guest but if your behind is getting whipped all over your screen while playing Halo 3, Lost Planet, Gears of war, Project Gothem Racing or any other “guys only play these games” don’t come crying here in your blue jeans, leather jacket, bad assed, punk face, cry baby eyes!! And please don’t get angry when I tell you with a big smirk on my face that I told you so!

Guys and videogames. “Don’t tough our manhood”

Guys are known for their urge to get in to the latest technologies and dig it out from inside out. When the first videogames hit the consumers it was the guys who jumped right on it like flies on a fresh laid hope of bullshit. Like a weird extension of their man hood they love to show of the technology they just have mastered hoping to impress the guys and girls around them. But now the games have infiltrated our daily life guys are not the only ones interested in this anymore. And for some guys their biggest fear of losing their manhood extension to the female gaming generation takes it’s extreme. Male gamers ignore girl gamers or humiliate them in front of the other male gamers. All in the hope that they won’t bump into that girl again (I even heard guys blocking a girl who simply was too good for them and calling her a cheater) Guys and games are just like guys and cars, there is a bond between them that can only be understand by other guys (or so they think)

Girls and Videogames. “The logical way of play”

Back in the cave man days when the male counterparts were hunting for pigs and elephants the females were already busy with the most important part of gaming. We know it now as “multitasking” while taking care of the kids they prepared the food gathered wood and did even do some smaller fry hunting their self. Now girls have priority’s and for years girls dint find games important enough. But now that girls get more time off they start to jump on the videogames like hungry fleas on a dog. Last month Nintendo Japan reported that 60% of the Nintendo owners are female! And last week Nintendo reported that 60% of the DS owners were female!! Girl gamers are finding their way to the gaming industry mostly thanks to Nintendo. But that doesn’t mean that girl gamers are sweet colored flower with butterfly players! Already I have played against several great female players in online shooter and racing games!! Girls don’t need to prove anything like most guys do. They just play to have fun! They don’t care about achievement points or if they win or lose! Al they want is to have fun. Sad enough many guys just don’t see it that way and see the girl gamers as a treat. And think they can solve the problem by acting or saying sexual or insulting them as if they were a player that was not worthy to play the game.

Let’s face it!

There is no stopping it, especially when we know that girls have the biggest advantage. Girls will infiltrate the gaming industry and I will be one of the gamers standing there to welcome them with open arms. For more players means more fun! So guys stop seeing girls as a tread we are all humans and humans simply stand out because we like to be entertained. And more people mean more entertainment. O and if there still are guys thinking this will end there violence gaming. Well there wrong at that part to. Girls will start playing more and more Gears of War and Halo 3 and many other games. And you will be glad they do because they will be a serious help within the team your fighting in. just hope the other team doesn’t have too many females in it because you will surely die!

please don't forget to give me stars!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:50 pm 

I have 2 girls in my class. When we have time to spare we tend to play games such as call of duty and unreal tournament. It only took a few times for one of them to join the intense combat. Today the other joined. She had no experience with any games other than the standard girl games like the sims. It was cool to see in my opinion, but then again, shouln'd girls be girly?

Gaming isn't exacly girly. And to see 13 year old girls play shooters online isn't really a pretty sight, but in the end it's actually quite nice to play with people that are not rude, shouting and whatnot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:30 pm 

to see any one play a shooter under or at 13 isn't a pretty sight in my eyes because i think that all shooters are rated 16+

PLEASE DONT FORGET TO GIVE ME THE STARS I DISURVE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:51 pm 

I disagree since there are 12< movies that involve shooting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:18 pm 

There is a difference in seeing someone shoot and shooting yourself.

It's a pretty nice column, but obvious to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:02 pm 

whaha wrote:

Yes, but i have an counter arguement for that. How many armed robberies are there these days that are planned using games? And how many are there using movies? Do you know? Hundreds were based on movies, while as far as i know none were based on games.

Beleve it or not, but in hollywood there were some crazy ass robbery attempts that we reanacted from movies, including the shootout and even suicide robberies.

I am not blind, but noone can tell me that games are worse than movies because you actually play it.

Also, in games you can get lose, getting rid of all frustrations you have, and harm noone. In real life you can't just do that. You can't just kill someone for being an ass. Some people lose their mind and do it anyway.

Was that offtopic?

I do understand that people could say things like: "games are more violent because you are the one doing it". But you get the same ideas from movies, it's still in your head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:23 pm 

sami/pso wrote:
whaha wrote:

Yes, but i have an counter arguement for that. How many armed robberies are there these days that are planned using games? And how many are there using movies? Do you know? Hundreds were based on movies, while as far as i know none were based on games.

Beleve it or not, but in hollywood there were some crazy ass robbery attempts that we reanacted from movies, including the shootout and even suicide robberies.

I am not blind, but noone can tell me that games are worse than movies because you actually play it.

Also, in games you can get lose, getting rid of all frustrations you have, and harm noone. In real life you can't just do that. You can't just kill someone for being an ass. Some people lose their mind and do it anyway.

Was that offtopic?

I do understand that people could say things like: "games are more violent because you are the one doing it". But you get the same ideas from movies, it's still in your head.

ill get back on this one later on in the mean while read this column of mine please: http://nisute.com/article.php?id=542

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:59 pm 

offtopic:
Let's just say that age should determin the ammount of violence. 12 year olds should not see violence right? right. But when you watch the news you will see violence. And it's not even fake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:25 am 

Quote:
Girls will infiltrate the gaming industry and I will be one of the gamers standing there to welcome them with open arms.

Of course you will, you playah. :P

Anyways, it was a good read, way to go, Maik. ^^

Currently playing: Transformers: War For Cybertron (Xbox 360)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:59 am 

Whohoo Thanks Jean ^.^

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]